Resources for Buyers
Buyer Services Guarantee
Coldwell Banker Mountain West Real Estate, Inc. agrees to provide the following services FREE*, for as long as you own your home, upon request.
(Buyer must be represented by a Coldwell Banker Mountain West Real Estate, Inc. associate.)
We Guarantee to Repair at No Charge:
HVAC Repair: Forced air gas and electric furnaces, central air conditioners and water heaters repaired or replaced, if needed. We provide labor at no charge. Client pays only parts and materials. Excludes oil furnaces.
Leaking Faucets: Only the leak. We do not guarantee to repair damage resulting from the leak. We do not cover fixtures that need to be replaced.
Leaking Sinks: Only the leak. We do not guarantee to repair damage resulting from the leak.
Leaking Shower Head: Only the leak. We do not guarantee to repair damage resulting from the leak. We do not cover fixtures that need to be replaced.
Wall Holes: We will repair holes in dry wall resulting from doorknob intrusion. Painting not included.
Towel Racks: We will repair loose or removed towel racks where they attach to the wall. We do not replace the towel rack fixture.
Light Bulbs: We will change out hard to reach light bulbs, interior and exterior. Light bulbs not included.
Electrical Wall Sockets: We will repair all interior wall sockets. Does not cover code violations or updating to G.F.C.I.
Interior Light Switches: We will repair all interior light switches. Does not cover code violations or updating to G.F.C.I.
Leaking Toilets: We will repair toilet leaks at the water connection points. We will repair ‘running toilets’ if possible, but do not guarantee the internal mechanism.
Door Adjustment: We will adjust door/cabinets where possible, within the manufacturer’s allowed ability to do so. Excludes garage doors.
Interior Caulking: Sinks, shower and tubs.
Install Door Locks: As existing holes permit. Owner to supply locks.
Install Battery/AC Power Smoke Detector: Property owner to supply alarms.
Other Repairs/Nuisance Problems
We will attempt to repair other problems you may encounter, but reserve the right to decline repair items not listed, at our sole discretion. When possible, we will perform repairs at no cost, with the exception of charging for materials. This service agreement covers only the items listed. The service agreement is only available to buyers represented by us.
Home Enhancement Program
We are pleased to announce our “Home Enhancement Program”. We have searched the globe for natural, beautiful home decorating items such as carpeting, natural wood flooring, designer light fixtures and more, at prices that are unbeatable! And only for our clients!
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly. Make sure you make copies of your credit report as well, and check your score well in advance of applying for loans.
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. It’s important to be sure that you’re approved for a loan before you start looking at homes so you don’t miss out on any opportunities. If you need help finding a lender, I can recommend trusted lenders near you.
- Price Range – Calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. Once you know your range, I can help you make the most out of your money.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? How many bed and bathrooms will you need? Do you prefer or newer or older styled home? All are important factors to take into account during the home finding process.I am dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. Once we find that perfect home, I will prepare a written offer. With my experience in the market, I can help you arrive at an offer that both fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is accepted, you’ll have a grace period to have the house professionally inspected and request repairs or counter offer if the situation arises. Once this step is complete, we will verify the terms and conditions of your loan, and assist you in signing your papers. I’m here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process.
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on utilizing a professional moving company, I can recommend reputable, local movers. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility company of your move!